Antivirus software a must have software for any operating system. Today no computer is safe with Viruses whether it is Windows, Linux or Mac PC nothing is safe. To safeguard our computer we use Antivirus software. Antivirus software search viruses on our computer and delete them to safe our computer.
Linux is becoming popular day by day because it is available for free. As Linux is becoming popular as much viruses are infecting Linux computer. To prevent you Linux based computer you can use any of these free Antivirus software for Linux.
Free Antivirus software for Linux
1. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition: Whether it is Windows or Linux AVG is always first choice for free antivirus software. AVG is most downloaded software on CNET’s download.com. It covers almost all things as paid software.
Easy to download, install and use
Protection against viruses and spyware
2. Avira AntiVir Personal: Avira AntiVir Personal – FREE Antivirus is a reliable free antivirus solution, that constantly and rapidly scans your computer for malicious programs such as viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, hoaxes, worms, dialers etc. Monitors every action executed by the user or the operating system and reacts promptly when a malicious program is detected.
AntiVir protection against viruses, worms and Trojans
AntiDialer protection against expensive dialers
AntiRootkit protection against hidden rootkits
Faster Scanning up to 20% faster
New User Interface
AntiPhishing protection against phishing
3. avast! antivirus Home Edition includes ANTI-SPYWARE protection, certified by the West Coast Labs Checkmark process, and ANTI-ROOTKIT detection based on the best-in class GMER technology. Simple to use and automated Daily automatic updates ensure continuous data protection against all types of malware and spyware.
Integrated Virus Cleaner
4. Panda Antivirus: Panda Antivirus for Linux is an antivirus for Linux servers and desktops. It is an antivirus designed to be managed from the command line or console. To do this, an executable called PAVCL will be used.
The aim of Panda Antivirus for Linux is to scan and disinfect Windows and DOS workstations connected to a Linux server, as well as the Linux server itself.
Panda Antivirus for Linux scans files using both string searches and heuristic methods. The target files of the antivirus are Word documents, Java Applets, ActiveX controls and compressed files (ZIP, RAR, etc.). At the moment, it does not scan the boot sector or the partitions table.
5. Clam AntiVirus is an open source (GPL) anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner and advanced tool for automatic database updates. The core of the package is an anti-virus engine available in a form of shared library.