Today we are living the world of nano technology and everything is getting compact and precise. From large and heavy weighing computers we have now turned to laptops and tablets. But on the contrary, technology has given an opposite impact if we talk about images.
With the newest of technologies and advancements in photography, size and weight of images has been increased to a great extent. Previously with the commencement of digital photography, the images shot by the cameras were not of so much high quality and enhanced and they use of be of some kilobytes but now we find that images are going larger and larger as you go high end photography and the size of the images has reached of MBs instead KBs.
Although it is a great and extremely good development in the technology but the problem arises when you need to transfer those images. Uploading and downloading the image over the internet requires lot of time and space to transfer, so it become quite time taking and long process to transfer those heavy images over the web. To get rid of this problem there are some softwares developed which have the ability to compress the size of the image.
So if you are not a proficient expert of graphics designing, no need to worry. You can compress those images without losing the quality of image in just few clicks. These softwares are enriched with features of shortening the size of images and editing them. Some softwares are paid while some are FREE too. For the convenience we have listed below 5 best image compressing or resizing softwares which youcan try.
1. Image Resizer for Windows: It is an utility software that lets you resize one or more selected image files directly from Windows Explorer by right-clicking. Especially designed for Windows the Image Resizer allows you to resize the image in any ratio you want and after installing the software you get the resizing option at the right click menu bar.
2. FastStone Photo Resizer: FastStone is an image converter and renaming tool which provides many image editing tools. You can convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermarks to images in a quick and easy batch mode with just drag and drop operation of mouse. It supports JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF and JPEG2000 image format and provides much of other features.
3. ObviousIdea Light Image Resizer: Previously known as the VSO image resize, this software is among the top seller image resizing software. ObviousIdea resizes and simply converts image, 1 by 1 or as a batch mode. It is available as windows shell extension. You just right click and easily create copies or work on the original HQ photos and share your resized photos online with friends. Rename, sort or add a watermark to protect your pictures, create custom pdf pages, Convert Jpeg to pdf are some of its unique features.
4. High Quality Photo Resizer Version: High Quality Photo Resizer is an easy-to-use freeware for batch resizing of digital photos. It supports many input formats: BMP, DIB, EMF, GIF, ICB, JPG, JPEG, PBM, PCD, PCX, PGM, PNG, PPM, PSD, PSP, RLE, SGI, TGA, TIF, TIFF, VDA, VST, WBMP, WMF. And it supports 8 output formats: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TGA, WMF, EMF and allows you to you to add up to 37 effects (Sharpen, Mosaic, Tweak RGB, Colorize, Spray, Emboss, Blur, Gray Scale, Negative, Soften, Swirl, etc.
5. Mihov Image Resizer: With Mihiv Image resizer you can make pictures or any kind of images smaller or bigger in just moments. The program is capable of converting pictures between different graphic formats. You can also rotate the photos to the left or to the right or turn upside down.