A website offers a face to the business that further generates the requirement of its efficient designing. A well-designed e-commerce website is an ultimate key to get customers and the hidden cash to flow in while a purchase is made from the site. Electronic commerce websites are meant to aid customers so that their shopping experience can be made a richer one, this also helps in increasing the conversion rate for the website. With this, the point of designing an eCommerce website gets accomplished and additionally adds to the user experience. With a functional and engaging website, you can easily turn shoppers into buyers.
It is important for an eCommerce website to persuade the customer towards the product or the services that are being sold. This can be done with urge shopping. Supermarkets and grocery stores have mastered the art of urge sale by computing sweets and chocolates around the checkout area. This would urge customers to enter the stores that would further impulse him for a purchase. However, creating the sense of urgency over a web page is quite challenging but the task can be accomplished with the use of terms like, “hurry up” or “buy now”. These terms will persuade the buyer, and for the website, it is a chance to get higher conversion rates.
Higher conversion rates can also be achieved with:
- Large Icons: Large images are becoming the norms for electronic commerce stores. These have the potency to increase the conversion rate for the website. With large icons, visitors are presented with the zoomed out picture of the product that offers a detailed view of the same. Besides videos, high-resolution images are the great way to showcase the product. The images should be presented really well as there is a single chance to persuade the customer. Studies have shown that a greater number of people list the quality of the image as the most important feature while shopping online.
- Add to cart button: An add to cart button is not just a button but much more than it. It is an icon that determines whether the person will add the item to his cart or not? The add to cart button needs to be a visible icon positioned attractively in a color that matches with the aesthetics of the website. Just offering a hint of color to the button is not wise, it requires to be an option that is easy to find by the customer. In case, the buyer will need to make extra efforts to find the button he will not carry the sales forward.
- Detailed product review: A quick product review sometimes prove to be the ultimate resource to increase conversion rates. Almost all the buyers shopping online are sure to look for the review of the product prior to making the sale. Ensuring a pop-up window for the product offers an easy review of the product. Quick reviews help customers to get the product details quickly. It will also save customers’ efforts to wait for another page to load for tracking the information. An effortless viewing may add to the actual shopping.
- Video: These are effective ways to convert shoppers into loyal buyers. Videos are slowly creeping their ways to e-commerce website for the past few years. Such films have the potential to increase the conversion rate as they keep people engaged with the product. These are also helpful to grab the attention of the buyers. The trend has already been started by a number of companies. The video can showcase the product from several angles or it is also convincing to picture the videos of models displaying the apparel. Human structure is convincing to persuade the sales. It creates an outstanding impact on the audience.
- Responsive website: The trend of online shopping is increasing through different devices such as tablets and smartphones. Thus, developing a mobile-friendly eCommerce website can help get potential conversions. If a website is not providing mobile-friendly experience, the business is missing a lot of conversions that could easily come with a responsive site. However, a responsive website is not sufficient for an online shopping; therefore, it is better to launch a separate version of the mobile-friendly website. With a mobile application, bigger stores can also get huge benefits.
- Testimonial and reviews: These are important purchasing factors that are considered by a greater number of audiences prior to making the purchase. Testimonials and reviews potentially increase the conversion rate of the website. These suggestions are generally browsed by a customer when he makes the purchase for the very first time. Hence, positives reviews can increase the sales and the conversion rate.
- Visual hierarchy: The arrangement of layouts in the order of importance is a visual hierarchy. Our eyes keep on scanning everything that we see. In order to get the information that is important, it’s imperative to focus on one thing at a time. Carousel sliders may help you in this attempt but they are not ideal for conversion. It is better to let the user view the single slide at a time. This ensures that the viewers are not bombarded with a bunch of information.
- Human faces: Human faces create the greater impact on the onlooker and are proven elements of increasing conversion rates. Human faces over websites grab users’ attention, build trust in the services, help visitors to relate with a product and guide visitors’ focus over the advertisement. Hence, try to use human faces and relate them with your product, it will help readers to connect to the products showcased over the shopping website.
- Autocomplete feature: A number of online shoppers do not search with the right keyword to accomplish their shopping purposes. Here comes the requirement of autocomplete function. Incorporating this feature over a website will ensure the closest match even if users have typed the wrong keyword. Inserting wrong keywords may result in the display of too many products or wrong product altogether. To avoid this inconvenience, it is important for e-commerce websites to use autocomplete function to let the users get whatever they wish, with minimal efforts.
- Designs that focus on the product: The best way to get clicks over your online store is to create professional designs that focus on the products. Creating a professional online store with large images and categorized product list will make the search an easier job for the visitors. It is important to serve the requirements of your visitors within a few seconds as they will not wait for more if things seem confusing. There are a number of other websites who are already waiting to offer a superb user experience; hence, try to offer the same to every visitor who is coming to your online store.
- Make it easy for visitors to contact you: It is an easier way to increase your credibility and ultimately gain conversion for your online store. Displaying the contact details on every page, preferably right on the header, will let your user realize that you are not a fly-by-night operator and they can trust you. This will build the customers’ interest in your services, which is important to gain to improve the conversion rates for your online store. It also helps them garner a feel that support is just a call away if they come across any issue with the product or the online store. When it comes to thinking from customers’ point of view, missing contact information will create a sense that the retailer is hiding something from its customers.
- Address pain points: Customers may come across diverse issues while shopping from your website; therefore, it is important to address solutions that could help them overcome the same. Features, such as easy return policy and hassle-free shipping, would help shoppers get a solution for the issues they might have experienced while shopping from your website. The visitors will always look forward to shipping details, that is why it is imperative to add the details properly. These details will also let users accommodate with the policies.
- Display products’ price and features clearly: It is always good to be as clear as you can with the price and the features of the products. Additionally, enlisting the shipping cost will bring clear information to visitors. It is the perfect way to frame your credibility over shoppers. Providing clear information about the price and the features of the product will help the customers get an overall review of the displayed items, which is essential for them to decide whether or not to buy the product.
Recognizable Branding: People will often land on your website several times before making a purchase. You need them to remember who you are. So, become memorable with a company logo, brand colors, etc. If you have more than one brand, include them both on your site. For example, American Eagle has a child brand, Aerie. Both logos are included at the top of their website header. If you don’t already have one, you can create a free branding kit in just a few minutes online.
Conclusion: Getting higher conversion rate is easy with the points mentioned in the write. up. Take a prominent view of these suggestions while optimizing the conversion rate of the eCommerce website effortlessly.
Author bio: Being a creative writer at Sparx IT Solutions, Tom Hardy is passionate about research on the elements that could help to increase the conversion rate of e-commerce websites. He keeps himself updated with the latest trends and shares valuable information with engaging blogs.