There is still a confusion regarding which is the perfect e-commerce platform to develop an online store if we talk about WordPress & Magento. Both the platforms have their stunning functionality and features to build the powerful, flexible, secure and user-friendly websites. The technology revolution has made the digital world more challenging and complicated in terms of competition. Now, the question is; which is highly praised globally for creating the e-commerce sites? Both are equally good and enriched with plenty of plugins and eCommerce qualities that undoubtedly play an integral role in elevation of an e-business success.
If you have planned to start an e-commerce business, then the most important thing is website creation, for this, we will advise you two popular platforms named WordPress & Magento. But, the thing is that which is the best for e-commerce site. To help you understand which can prove to be a fruitful for your business growth, we are going to discuss qualities and limitations of these platforms.
Similarities between WordPress & Magento
– While setting up an online store, two platforms appear strongly with easy to use features, minimal cost, a plenty of advanced plugins & themes. Hence, the chances of getting barriers are quite low while using WordPress or Magento.
– Being the open source platforms, both provide free original code for everyone and allow you to perform alteration for building the final product, specific to the requirements.
– Having vast communities, both open source platforms have acquired lots of appreciating words from the worldwide users. Initially, these are free of cost and have a great support to help the users and provide them optimal solutions.
– The integration of blogging is simple in terms of functionality which enables you to produce the relevant content and information beneficial to the business. Additionally, including products in hassle-free manner is also possibly easy via both the platforms.
– Customizing the website in accordance with the business needs can be achieved by unlocking this competence via plugins. The worthiest thing that must be kept into the consideration is; both are self-hosted and let you customize exact to the standard business needs.
– Suppose you embrace any hosted platform like Shopify, then you will get the benefit of fast online store creation as it is possible in just a few button clicks. Besides this, there is no need to get worried about checkout security management, but you’ll find yourself restricted in aspects of limited customization options. Hence, WordPress & Magento work brilliantly for developing the e-commerce stores.
– Whenever, you build an online store, then what is the indispensable thing that you cannot avoid? Of course, the answer would be communication/interaction with customers & products/services that you sell. These top-notch solutions offer facility to upload an array of products and their effective management.
-You are also enabled to add the blog which provides an opportunity to include friendly voice to the e-commerce websites, and this all can be done with the help of search engine optimization.
Surprising Stats About WordPress
It dominates the worldwide CMS market with 60.7% share and the whole web with more than 23.4% market share of total websites. In terms of WP e-commerce market share, wooCommerce leads with 78.4% and WordPress eCcommerce is nearly 10% of the entire WP e-commerce plugin market. It comes with 51 translations and lets you download in the suitable language.
Surprising Magento Statistics
In the year 2014 to 2015, topmost 1 million companies have increased by the number 1,500 using Magento. In comparison to other platforms, it serves more than 500 online retailers. It is counted as the e-commerce giant and manages more than 25 billion USD in terms of transaction volume. This platform has the capability of handling 80,000 orders/hour and hosting approx 500,000 products. Above 300 technology partners indicate its global popularity.
Limitations of WordPress Vs Magento
Setting Up: Starting an online business using e-commerce platform can become a hurdle for you, if have not yet decided to choose which one. If you already use WordPress, but this time you want to adopt it to add e-commerce elements in your store, then choosing wooCommerce is worthy because it’s an e-commerce plug-in. WordPress is always the beginners’ first choice due to ease, number of stunning plugins, simple extensions, precisely described tutorial video, etc. to aid you to the set up.
Magento is also simple and brings tutorial videos along with thoroughly created documentation. This platform owns complete installation wizard, but it is little difficult when you add extension to your e-commerce website, which requires hiring of an expert developer to handle the task ingeniously.
Cost: Both are free to use solutions and can be downloaded to get started working on online shop building. But, wooCommerce is restricted on the payment options that are indispensable if you explore the scope of your business. Due to these limitations, extensions and plugins will add up cost when you buy them.
Magento extensions are important to offer seamless experience to the customers while shopping and it plays a pivotal role when your shop is in nascent phase. Forking out money is the need to install the suitable extensions successfully.
Website Hosting: wooCommerce is simple to smoothly run an e-shop through WordPress hosting, but doing the same using Magento is a little complex task. Slow shopping sites get the people frustrated. Therefore, you need to try dedicated server or your may own a cloud plan as the portfolio of your products grows, otherwise the site will perform with slow web page speed.
Themes: Theme for the website is important to choose if you are planning for its customization. Both open source solutions are integrated with thousands of premium and free themes that come with stunning responsive layout, simple downloading, easy to import facility.
If you go with the themes powered by WordPress, then you will definitely attain browser compatible, secure, valid and easy to translate code to localize the shop in minimum efforts.
WordPress tends to be recognized for small organizations in terms of e-commerce and it does a great job while setting up an online store with the provided video tutorial. On the other hand, Magento is perfect for large enterprises or businesses who deal with a broad range of products in the International market. With the installation of a few basic attributes and features, their extensions work outstandingly and help you develop the expected online store.
WordPress is prominent for blogging, CMS and SEO, but Magento has been carefully crafted for the shops; thus, it is called an ideal e-commerce Giant.
Author Bio: David Meyer is an intuitive writer cum professional WordPress developer from CSSChopper, who is enthusiastic for his work and always tries to share the post enriched with modern technology.