Need an interactive framework for developing your PHP scripts in a more easy and rapid way? Then you must try CakePHP. CakePHP provides you an extensible architecture for developing, maintaining, and deploying your applications with low development cost. Whether you are at the entry level or the expert CakePHP will serve both. It is an open source web application framework to develop PHP apps and is distributed under the MIT License.
Developed by Cake Software foundation, CakePHP uses many concepts of Ruby on Rails and design patterns like MVC and ORM within the convention over configuration paradigm, CakePHP reduces development costs and helps developers write less code.
CakePHP doesn’t require any configurations you just need to set up the database and start working with this most easy web editor. Its various features are:
- It is Object Oriented so whether you are a seasoned object-oriented programmer or a beginner, you’ll feel comfortable
- Provides Internationalization and Localization with static translations in gettext style or dynamic translations of model data
- Full Console environment with support for multiple tasks and include shells: bake, schema, acl, i18 extractor and api
- CSRF protection and HTTP authentication via Security Component
- Flexible Caching by using memcache, apc, xcache, the file system, or a model to speed up your application
- Configure class to provide dynamic handling of configuration settings and App class to handle importing required classes
Moreover, CakePHP community is there to provide you full support for any query. Active and friendly Community helps you interacts in numerous ways. You can also join their irc channel which includes the core developers and long time community members.
Working with CakePHP can be a very convenient option for developing the PHP projects and as nowadays most sites are based on PHP scripts, a good environment and framework like CakePHP can make your task easier.