If you’re looking for the best WordPress appointment booking plugins for receiving and managing bookings via your website. In that case, we need to tell you that you’re perfectly in the right place.
Here, we have featured 12 Best WordPress Appointment Booking Plugins that help you receive and manage bookings directly through your website.
Here, we have included both free as well as premium plugins. As a result, you will find a perfect solution on this list regardless of how you need to work with bookings on your WordPress site.
These WordPress appointment booking plugins allow your customers to book an appointment directly from your WordPress site.
It’s a gem of a post that you’ll highly cherish if your businesses require an appointment booking form to easily allow customers to book an appointment online.
In fact, a lousy booking process can turn out to be highly detrimental to your business. It can hamper your reputation straight away.
However, by using the right WordPress booking plugin, you can transform your existing WordPress website into a fully-functional online appointment booking system.
So, you ultimately end up making a well-informed decision without any confusion.
These WordPress booking plugins will allow you to have a quality booking system in place. For example, suppose your business is dependent on scheduled appointments for generating revenue. In that case, having the right WordPress appointment plugin can prove critical to your success.
WordPress booking plugin will help to streamline appointment creation. In addition, it will generate notifications and integrate with business calendars, thereby allowing you to stay on time and on track.
Here, you’ll find the best WordPress appointment booking plugins that will help you to place the right booking system for your business.
Now it’s time to dive in.
12 Top Appointment Booking WordPress Plugins
Here’s an in-depth look at the best WordPress Appointment Booking Plugins.
The Booking Calendar Plugin is a highly popular WordPress booking plugin in the WordPress plugin repository.
In fact, the Booking Calendar plugin has over 40,000 active installs.
The Booking Calendar plugin has been developed to function as a multipurpose plugin that can manage both appointments as well as reservation bookings from your WordPress website.
The most important highlight of this WordPress appointment booking plugin is that it is extremely easy to use. It comes with a lot of functionalities and is suitable for a wide range of businesses.
Talking about its premium version, the Booking Calendar plugin comes with all the features you will ever need for your WordPress online booking site.
It creates a streamlined and straightforward booking system. In addition, it offers a highly customizable responsive design to make your booking system look great, even on small screen devices.
It stores all bookings and settings in your WordPress database. So, you don’t need a third-party account for managing bookings.
That said, you can even import feeds from third-party sources such as HomeAway, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, Booking.com, etc. So it allows you to easily do that as well.
The booking forms, as well as calendar support, are responsive. It means they will look superb on all devices, including desktops, mobiles, or tablets.
This WordPress booking plugin supports multiple languages, thereby allowing you to accommodate website traffic from other countries.
Finally, the Booking Calendar plugin supports a wide range of online payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, and more.
Start Booking is not one of the regular WordPress appointment booking plugins out there.
Instead, Start Booking is a SaaS appointment service that can be easily integrated into your WordPress site because of a dedicated plugin.
So, Start Booking is essentially a SaaS tool.
It comes with a streamlined, user-friendly interface and plenty of useful features. However, you would not customize the underlying code as a developer, which is quite considerable.
Start Booking is an excellent tool for casual users who want a maintenance-free tool that simply works as an appointment booking system.
Here are some of its key features:
- Start Booking can be integrated with WordPress via a dedicated plugin
- It efficiently manages your online scheduling so that you can stay focused on growing your business
- It’s a free online scheduling software
- It gives your customers online scheduling tools, thereby making it easy for them to find and book time with you
- It comes as a fully managed scheduling software leveraging the latest cloud technology and tools so that you can scale when you require
- You can customize the software as per your needs by using the custom integrations and powerful APIs available to you
- It is compatible with all of your devices for a seamless, stress-free experience
- It offers flexible group booking options that display directly on your website
- It allows you to integrate Stripe into your checkout so that you can easily accept payments for your appointments and services
- It offers the facility of reminder notifications so that you can stay connected with your clients and will get fewer cancellations and costly no-shows
- It offers a reliable and secure experience for both customers as well as business owners alike
- It offers user-friendly frontend booking forms
- You can add custom fields when required
- It offers free and paid services
- It can accept classes as well as group bookings
- Sync with Google Calendar
Start Booking comes with a very limited free plan, which can be used to test it out. Plans start at $12 per month with monthly recurring billing. In addition, it offers a 14-day free trial for testing the premium features.
Amelia is a very popular and powerful appointment and events WordPress Booking Plugin.
It functions as an automated booking specialist and works 24/7, ensuring that your customers can book appointments or events and pay online even while you sleep.
This WordPress Booking Plugin is perfect for:
- Gym and sports: Your clients can choose, book, and pay for their group or individual training with ease
- Private clinic: It facilitates appointment scheduling, payments, medical services catalog, as well as other tools
- Spa salons: You can launch a comprehensive online receptionist desk for your Spa or Massage saloon
- Repair centers: You can list out the repair services that you provide, service members, and their availability
- Beauty salons: You can allow your customers to choose a stylist. They can browse procedures and book visits in advance
Moreover, the Amelia WordPress Booking Plugin has been built using the latest technology stack, modern design, and user experience techniques.
The plugin provides an enterprise-level smooth booking experience for your customers. It removes investing in branding or making unprecedented changes to your work process.
It will fully automate the interaction with potential customers. It helps them in picking the right service and employee. It even takes care of the payments.
It can shoot real-time SMS reminders for your customers and employees for booked, canceled, or rescheduled appointments.
So, the Amelia WordPress Booking Plugin allows you to focus on your work instead of interrupting your flow to write down appointments.
The Amelia WordPress Booking Plugin requires no training for installation and use. Moreover, installing and configuring Amelia takes only a few clicks.
So, Amelia offers maximum simplicity and convenience for the end-users. Most of its actions (on the frontend as well as backend) are intuitive and do not require more than 2-3 clicks.
However, if you need help, there’s detailed documentation on plugin functionalities, and they are always there for support.
The Amelia WordPress Booking Plugin powers thousands of businesses and has received recognition from leading industry websites.
- Insightful Admin Dashboard
- Step-by-step Booking Wizard
- Admin Calendar View
- Search Booking Wizard
- Customizable Design
- Smooth and shiny Interface
- It provides all the tools for scheduling and booking
- Sync with Google Calendar
- Accept payments through PayPal or Stripe
Plans: Basic, Pro, and Developer
4. Bookly PRO
Bookly PRO is one of the top booking and appointment scheduling systems out there. More than 34K clients worldwide use Bookly PRO to manage appointment scheduling.
Bookly PRO comes as an add-on that requires the Bookly plugin for WordPress websites. It allows your clients to make bookings for service right on your site.
It’s a great plugin and is backed up by excellent customer support. It makes managing appointments easy for you. Moreover, it’s under constant development to stay on top.
Here, we share some of its key features with you:
- User-friendly Admin Panel for easy WP setup
- The mobile-friendly backend allows you to manage your business on the go
- SMS and Email Notifications keep you and your clients up to date
- Easy translation set up for any language (10 languages included)
- Easy integration with many payment systems
- Google Calendar and WooCommerce integration
- It makes the booking process simple
- The backend is very flexible
- The appointment scheduling process is fully customizable for your clients
- Detailed documentation and easy-to-follow video tutorials. Their support is always on hand to help you!
- Easy set up process with almost no effort, thereby allowing you to have a world-class booking system working for you in no time
- Sleek and simple Interface
- The booking form can be customized to suit your style and business. Moreover, it covers all your customization needs
- You can create and publish multiple booking forms within your WordPress website. All the appointments that have been booked in those booking forms appear on your Bookly Calendar
- It offers your clients notifications on pending, approved, and canceled bookings. Moreover, the notifications are customizable
- Full mobile integration allows your clients to book on the go
- It allows you to add any number of services and staff members
- It allows customers to view and edit bookings online
- It’s compatible with WPML, supporting multi-language websites. Moreover, the plugin comes with 12 built-in languages
- It enables you to manage your customer base effortlessly
- PayPal Express Checkout is included in Bookly Pro. Moreover, various add-ons for payment gateways can be integrated with Bookly PRO
- Moreover, much more
Regular License: $89 (with six months of support)
BirchPress Scheduler is a Premium WordPress appointment booking plugin. It allows your clients to make easy online appointments.
Your website visitors can check availability and book appointments or make reservations online directly. It allows a booking form embedded in a page or post using a shortcode.
BirchPress Scheduler is compatible with calendars you already have, such as Google, iCal, iPhone, Android, or Outlook. In addition, it can import or export your appointments and availability automatically.
The plugin allows you to configure notification emails sent in case an appointment is booked, rescheduled, or canceled. You can also send customizable, friendly email reminders for upcoming appointments.
Its built-in form editor allows you to quickly build and design your booking form. You can pick and choose different fields to fulfill your business goals.
BirchPress Scheduler allows you to accept online payments with PayPal. Moreover, it also supports other payment gateways thorough WooCommerce integration.
In fact, BirchPress Scheduler Plugin is developer-friendly. It has been built with developers in mind. It allows developers to use thousands of functions, action hooks, and filters.
BirchPress Scheduler is simple for the end users while still packing a robust set of features. It is easy to set up, cheap, and does not suffer from limitations.
BirchPress Scheduler is a perfect scheduling and appointment tool for small businesses of all sorts, including:
- Health & Wellness
- Fitness and Recreation
- Salon & Beauty
- Professional Services
- Auto & Home Services
- Day Care Centers
- Room Scheduling
- Moreover, much more
Plans & Pricing:
- Personal: $99.00 (1 Site)
- Business: $199.00 (1 Site)
- Business+: $249.00 (1 Site)
Easy Appointments is a powerful WordPress booking plugin for your business. It has a responsive design and is extremely easy to use. It manages appointments with ease for your WordPress site. It is open-source software.
The plugin has generated more than 20,000 thousand active installations.
The Easy Appointments plugin offers extremely flexible time management. It can work for multiple locations, services, and workers. It can also serve email notifications.
This plugin is exceptionally suitable for:
- Cleaning Services
- Personal trainers
- Moreover, much more
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Services
- Multiple Workers
- You can create time slots by connecting location – service – worker and date/time
- You can send an email notification to the customer when an appointment is created or updated
- You can create your own custom form fields in a few clicks
- Support for translations
- PayPal integration
- Moreover, many more features, as well
WPForms is an extremely popular drag & drop WordPress Form Builder Plugin. It can be used to create appointment booking forms that can be integrated with your WordPress site.
Moreover, WPForms is extremely suitable for creating various forms such as:
- Contact Forms
- Payment Forms
- Survey Forms
- Newsletter Forms
- Registration Forms
WPForms comes with hundreds of form templates.
It’s one of the most powerful and user-friendly contact form plugins in the market.
Here are some of its key features for you:
- It allows you to create an amazing form in just a few minutes without writing any code
- It comes with pre-built form templates to save even more time
- WPForms is fully responsive. So, it works on mobile, tablets, and desktop
- Using its smart conditional logic, you can easily create high-performance forms
- It comes with an instant form notification feature
- Entry management allows you to view all your leads in one place, which streamlines your workflow
- It allows you to collect payments easily
- It allows you to create subscription forms that can be connected with your email marketing service
- It enables you to embed your forms in blog posts, pages, sidebar widgets, footer, etc
- Its smart Captcha and spam protection automatically prevent spam submissions
So, WPForms works out as a perfect WordPress form solution for you. It makes it easy to build forms in WordPress. You can create contact forms, registration forms, online surveys, order forms, donation forms, and other WordPress forms easily without writing any code.
It has all the fields you need, such as radio buttons, file uploads, multi-page forms, etc. You can even customize your WordPress forms with section dividers, HTML blocks, and custom CSS.
Plans & Pricing:
- Basic: $39.50/year
- Plus: $99.50/year
- Pro: $199.50/year
- Elite: $299.50/year
WooCommerce Bookings is another very popular and powerful booking and reservations WordPress plugin.
WooCommerce has developed this plugin. It allows customers to book appointments at their convenience.
The WooCommerce Bookings Plugin allows you to do the following:
- It can define set options, such as fixed time slots for a class, appointment, or guided tour
- It gives your customers the much-needed flexibility to book whatever range they need
- It allows you to block time off as un-bookable so that you can take care of your other priorities
- It allows you to create buffers between bookings, thereby making sure that the schedule works for you
- You can be as specific as you want with your time slots. It allows for bookings in days, hours, even minutes
- It will enable booking one-on-one appointments or even multi-person events
- It enables the offering of special pricing for groups, days, or individuals
- You can come up with discounts for groups or people booking multiple slots. You can set special prices for kids. So, the WooCommerce Bookings Plugin allows you to customize pricing any way you want
- The plugin allows you to display your availability in the customer’s time zone
- It allows you to set up confirmations so that you can get time to review before making the booking official
- You can send reminders and reduce no-shows
- You can assign the needed resources to a particular booking to avoid double bookings
- Its calendar view allows you to see how your day or month is shaping up
- WooCommerce Bookings automatically syncs with Google Calendar
Price: $249.00 (Billed annually) with one year of updates and support
Book an appointment online PRO is a perfect WordPress appointment booking plugin for medical centers, beauty salons, hair shops, and care services.
It facilitates automatic time booking management and comes with an easy start and quick start.
This plugin comes with a responsive design and is mobile-friendly. It can manage three types of schedules for staff regular working/ shift work/custom.
It allows the setting of days off (vacation) and breaks. It can also send SMS, Push, and Email notifications.
It has been integrated with PayPal, Stripe, Yandex Kassa, and WooCommerce for accepting payments.
This plugin has been studded with a video conference feature, allowing you to remotely provide services. You can also customize your form with custom and special fields.
The Book an appointment online PRO plugin enables employees to change information about themselves, photos, and manage their schedules. In addition, it allows you to manage appointments. You can even export appointments to CSV.
This plugin syncs with Google Calendar.
You can view all appointments. Delete and cancel appointments. You can receive notifications and reminders about an appointment. It offers the facility to book for several days at once.
- SMS reminder
- Pretty modern design
- Branch offices
- RTL ready
- Custom form fields
- Auto updates
- Video conferencing
- Recurring appointments
Regular License: $59 (includes future updates & six months support)
10. Team Booking
Team Booking is another powerful WordPress booking system. One of those WordPress booking plugins allows you to use your Google Calendar for scheduling availability.
The process looks like this:
- You need to create an event in Google Calendar
- On your site, it becomes a free slot
- Once booked, the event is updated
So, Team Booking turns out to be a flexible solution with the highest interaction with Google Calendar.
The Team Booking Plugin facilitates time-zone selection via the front-end. You can define service providers and let them plan their own availability.
As an Admin, the plugin allows you to:
- Create the services
- Trim the behavior
- Manage the staff
- Configure the plugin
As a coworker, the plugin allows you to:
- Choose the services
- Plan your availability
- Manage your reservations
The plugin has three main classes:
- Single appointments
- Events with tickets
- Unscheduled services
Team Booking allows you to accept payments with PayPal and Stripe. You can even set discount coupons & campaigns.
This plugin comes studded with:
- Approval System
- Cancel System
It allows you to serve email notifications. You can even set up customizable email messages.
The Team Booking Plugin is fully responsive and mobile-ready. The plugin facilitates translations and string editing via *.PO files or WPML.
Some key features for you:
- It’s a complete booking solution
- It facilitates planning via Google Calendar
- It allows the customers to choose their time-zones
- Reservation form builder
- Accept payments with PayPal and Stripe
- You can set up discount coupons and campaigns
- Fully WPML Compatible
- A complete notification email system
- Language support via .po and .mo files
Regular License: $28 (with future updates and six months of support)
11. Booked – Appointment Booking for WordPress
Booked is a simple, easy-to-use, yet powerful appointment booking plugin for WordPress.
Your purchase gives you:
- Booked Add-Ons (included)
- Support via submitting a ticket
- Lifetime Updates
Booked is all about simple appointment booking.
It allows you to add many calendars as per your need, each having its own time slots and custom fields.
Plus, you can assign each calendar to a “booking agent” user so that they can manage their calendars.
The plugin allows guest booking without the need for registration. Instead, they simply have to furnish a name and email address to book an appointment.
The plugin now offers a custom time slots feature for adding vacation days. You can even add a completely custom calendar by using this new builder.
It comes with built-in color pickers for making your calendar look the way you want. You can create your own custom appointment fields for getting any information. You can even create text fields, checkboxes, paragraph fields, dropdowns, and radio buttons.
Last but not least, Booked is fully responsive and translatable.
Regular License: $49 (includes future updates and six months of support)
WP Simple Booking Calendar is a simple yet powerful availability calendar WordPress plugin.
It’s a handy booking calendar plugin when you want to display the availability of a holiday home, room, bed & breakfast, office, or a piece of equipment.
Moreover, WP Simple Booking Calendar is an entirely free plugin on this list. It’s open-source software.
It’s easy to use and offers complete editing freedom.
Your website visitors can check the availability of your holiday home with just a few clicks.
This plugin can display the availability dates of your holiday home. Your website visitors can come to know when your new holiday home is available for rent. It can even function as a shift calendar. It can display the availability of a room, office, or piece of equipment.
Its free version comes with all the essential features that enable you to keep track of your bookings.
However, its premium version is also available with many advanced features such as custom legend items, advanced editing, and publishing options. It has also been studded with numerous customization options & editing features.
Here, we have listed some of the features of the free version:
- Create one calendar
- Simple & user-friendly Interface
- Its displays availability
- It offers a responsive calendar layout
- You can add and save booking information
- Backup/restore calendars and data
- Language translation via PO files
Price: Free as well as Premium
Appointment Booking FAQs
What’s the need for a WordPress Booking Plugin?
A WordPress Booking System will do more than just improve your operational efficiency. In fact, it tends to optimize the customer experience.
Moreover, it has been estimated that almost 70% of consumers nowadays prefer to book appointments online.
So, adding the right WordPress appointment booking plugin will allow your customers to book appointments directly via your website.
It will eliminate most of the biggest pain points for consumers and provide them their most preferred booking option.
It has been found that nearly 94% of consumers prefer to choose a service provider with online booking options.
To summarize, integrating online booking options into your website will offer you the following benefits:
- It will enhance the customer experience
- Improve your operational efficiency
- It will reduce the time to book appointments
- It will allow you to get new customers
- It will offer you a competitive advantage
We have highlighted the importance of having a WordPress appointment booking plugin. Now install one on your website and start taking bookings.
This post will offer you the best WordPress booking plugins out there. This guide will provide a reference for you and help you decide which one is the best for your company or business.
What should you be looking for in a WordPress Booking Plugin?
A WordPress Booking Plugin is more than just a simple calendar with a form.
Moreover, it depends on the type of business you’re running.
Let’s give you an example.
A Gym can have multiple personal trainers. So, each of them will require their own schedules listed on the website. However, a dental office will require showing specific times for different types of services being offered.
It means that you should carefully gauge the features of each WordPress booking plugin so that you can have all the functionality you need, plus some flexibility for growing your business.
Here, we have included some of the features that you should be looking for in a WordPress Booking Plugin:
- It should have a customizable calendar that can be placed anywhere on your website
- It should have mobile-friendly interfaces for users so that they can book appointments on smaller devices
- It should accept payments for appointments
- It should support multiple “agents” or “service providers.”
- It should offer areas for customers for viewing and edit their bookings online
- It should include a booking management module on the backend of your WordPress website
- It should allow you to customize your schedule, like removing holidays or setting some free time in-between appointments
- It should offer email confirmations as well as reminders for Admins and users
- It should offer customizable fields and dropdown menus when you tend to provide a wide variety of services or unique offerings
These are just a small sampling of primary features that you should be looking for in your booking plugin.
For instance, some businesses only require a simple, free calendar for taking non-paying appointments.
On the other hand, more prominent brands will require a broader range of features studded with beautiful templates and high-powered communication tools.
Now, we have reached the end of this post on the best WordPress appointment booking plugins.
We hope that you would have found this post beneficial.
Thanks for visiting us.
We look forward to your comments and suggestions. Please share the post across popular social networking channels like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.